Staying Safe Getting To Work
For many Pennsylvanians during the winter months we experience snow, sleet, ice and rain. These conditions can make an easy commute, difficult or a challenging job dangerous. Here are a few practical tips to help you stay safe getting to and from work and even on the job too!
- PLANNING – Check the weather channel or your phone app before you leave the house. Weather teams make an educated guess and prediction for the weather, there is no guarantee that won’t change when you are at work. In case of bad weather make sure you have plenty of gas, extra money, a blanket in the car, a car phone charger, jumper cables and an ice scraper.
- ENVIRONMENTAL AWARENESS – Know your environment the routes you take to and from work. Be aware of gas stations and distances in case you end up stranded.
- SAFETY MANUALS – This applies to anything from your car to your job. Know where the emergency shut offs are, what to do if you hit a patch of ice, how to break in snow and tackle your job correctly.
- TAKE A BREAK OR TWO – Taking a break can make a difference when it comes to your daily routine. It gives you a chance to stop and turn off auto pilot. Take a moment to breath, stretch, walk and refocus when you come back to your tasks.
- GOOD NIGHT SLEEP – Speaks for itself. A well-rested mind and body will help you stay on top of your game. Don’t forget your breakfast too!
To all PA residents stay safe getting to and from work and on the job.