I am Paula Robinson, owner of Robinson Law LLC and I only practice in the field of PA Workers’ Compensation, being Certified as a specialist in the practice of workers’ compensation law by the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Section on Workers’ Compensation Law as authorized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
While many law firms in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania have been forced to temporarily close down, lay employees off, or have a decline in their new cases coming in the door due to the COVID-19 coronavirus, I have fortunately been virtually open and practicing almost as normal.
The PA Department of Labor & Industry implemented a new electronic system for workers’ compensation, which went live on September 3, 2013 known as WCAIS, PA’s Workers’ Compensation Automation and Integration System. (dli.pa.gov). The workers’ compensation system allows injured workers to file claims for their injuries, which if accepted, can result in receipt of both wage loss and medical benefits.
Through WCAIS, workers’ compensation attorneys can fully operate their practices by
- Entering and withdrawing appearances on behalf of injured workers
- Ordering Bureau records of injured workers
- Communicating with Workers’ Compensation Judges, the Appeal Board, and their staff
- Filing Petitions and Answers online
- Submitting Requests for many actions to Workers’ Compensation Judges
- Obtaining and reviewing hearing and mediation schedules and procedures
- Uploading evidence on cases pending before Workers’ Compensation Judges
This is just a sampling of the capabilities that WCAIS offers. In addition, during the COVID-19 pandemic, due to the simplicity and efficiency of WCAIS and the Office of Adjudication, Robinson Law has continued to retain new clients virtually, file Petitions, and attend hearings and mediations.
The continued virtual work of Robinson Law LLC has allowed clients to continue to receive their much-needed wage loss and medical treatment benefits, and even obtain lump sum settlements. If you, a friend, or loved one is in need of a workers’ compensation attorney, please contact Paula Robinson. We have and will continue to be open to serve you.