The main goal of Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Safety Training is to reduce the number of occupational injuries, illnesses, and ensure workers a safe and reliable working environment.
The advantages of work place safety training include, but are not limited to:
• Reduce work-related injuries
• Improve the work environment
• Promote health and safety on the job
• Educate the workers on not only safety, but on how to report a work related injury, and what steps to take to get the necessary medical treatment.
Who needs workers’ compensation safety training?
Not only workers, but also employers can benefit from the safety training in Pennsylvania. By promoting healthy and safety conscious working environments, work place safety training not only shows workers that their employer cares about them, but can also significantly workers’ compensation costs for the employers, i.e., the less claims to put through their workers’ compensation carrier, the less the costs involved. Different industries and businesses have vastly different training programs, depending on their business. Manufacturing and warehouse companies would require more physical training than office or retail companies simply due to the nature of the work involved.
The training is focused on:
• The workers should always come first. Some industries, due solely to the nature of the work, inherently have more chances of workers becoming injured or suffering industrial illnesses. Some businesses work with dangerous chemicals that require safety equipment, or require work with equipment that in and of itself, can cause bodily harm.
• Training can also focus on groups with special needs, such as working in an environment where workers do not speak English well or at all, with a different language as their first. Also, there are young and limited literacy employees, who maybe need some special attention or help in performing their jobs.
If training is lacking at your work environment:
You need to be your own advocate if no training is offered at your work place. If you have suffered a work related injury at your work place, no matter how it happened, you have to put your interests first to protect you and your family. If you have missed more than one week from work, or suffered an injury that requires immediate medical attention, you need to research local workers’ compensation law firms in your area. If you live in Eastern Pennsylvania, Robinson Law LLC, a law firm that has vast experience in workers’ compensation law may be your best choice.
You should visit the websites of various law firms and read the reviews carefully. Request a free consultation with a workers’ compensation attorney. When you meet with the attorney, you should feel comfortable with him or her, as you will be in this attorney-client relationship for an undetermined time….maybe a few years, depending on your particular situation.
Even if safety training is provided at your work place, accidents still happen. There is no fault with Pennsylvania work related injuries. Be prepared to help yourself in the event that a work injury does occur. You are not alone, there is help available to you, always.