10 Ways To Compare Quakertown Workers’ Compensation Attorneys Services
If you are an injured worker, you may be wondering how to find the right attorney for your case. Many lawyers claim to help the injured worker, but to get a just determination in your workers’ compensation settlement you need one who has proven merit. That’s why you should check out these 10 ways to compare Quakertown workers’ compensation attorney’s services.
1. History of Service – When searching attorney’s services, you want to find a firm or individual who has the right experience. This means someone who has worked in the workers’ compensation field specifically for a significant number of years.
2. Years in the Practice—The first thing you should check is how many years the attorney has been practicing. Then, check how many of those years specifically related to workers’ compensation in some way. The attorney doesn’t necessarily need to have always been an injured workers’ attorney—experience working for employers or insurers gives a great insider’s perspective on the other side.
3. Jurisdictions—Be sure that the lawyer you are considering works in the jurisdiction of your county. Remember, the jurisdiction depends upon where you, as the injured worker lives.
4. Knowledge of Workers’ Compensation—Many lawyers have websites that outline the types of cases they are familiar with, or, the site may discuss workers’ compensation more generally. The attorney’s website is a good place to start in order to determine their knowledge of workers’ compensation law.
5. Previous Clients’ Testimonials—Many attorneys have testimonials from previous clients on their websites. Testimonials are a great measure of the clients’ opinions of the attorney’s work and style of practice.
6. Communication – Make sure you will have ways to contact your prospective lawyer when you need to discuss your case. Some attorneys are better at responding to clients than others.
7. Telephone and Email—Choose a practice where someone either answers or returns your messages promptly. Many lawyers do not give out their email to clients, but the practice may become more common. Having an attorney or assistant who you can reach through email is an added convenience.
8. In Person – Of course, the best determinant is meeting your attorney in person.
9. In-Person Knowledge—Once you have gone through the other steps to narrow down the right attorney, be sure to schedule a meeting in person before making a final decision. This will help you to get a feel for their knowledge of cases like yours. Just remember that your attorney cannot provide specific details about previous cases. You wouldn’t want them discussing your case with other clients, right?
10. Personality— In Person – Of course, the best determinant is meeting your attorney in person. It is important to make sure that you will get along with your lawyer. Also, they should seem sincere in their interest in helping you with your case.
It is important, no matter who you choose as your attorney, that you feel comfortable and secure with their representation of you. Having an ongoing workers’ compensation case, whether you are receiving workers’ compensation benefits, or trying to obtain workers’ compensation benefits, can be stressful. If you are injured, you owe it to yourself to have any attorney to help you through the entire workers’ compensation process. Take some time to choose the right lawyer for you, as it will be one of the most important decisions you can make in your life, as it will affect you and your family.
For a free initial consultation to evaluate your particular case, contact Robinson Law LLC.